Summer BBQ Crispy Pellet Wings
- 1 Cooling Rack
- 3 tbsp Rock's Summer BBQ Spice Blend
- 1 package Chicken Wings
- We start by separating our wings with our cleaver by placing pressure down right in between the drum and the flat. We also want to cut the "wing" part off the end and discard it.
- With all the wings separated, we place all the wings on a cooling rack for easy transportation. Not shown in the video, feel free to pat the wings dry with a paper towel.
- Next place the wings in a refrigerator for 1 hour, allowing the moisture to dry off the skin of the wings
- After drying in the refrigerator for 1 hr, place the wings in a large bowl to start the seasoning. For this recipe, we used our Rock's Summer BBQ Spice Blend. Use your hands to toss wings around in the seasoning to get a good base coating.
- As the smoker comes to temp, place the wings back on our cooling rack spaced out as much as you can trying to keep them all from touching. Now use Rock's Summer BBQ Spice Blend to sprinkle on a final coating to your wings. Use it liberally to get that delicious take and deep red color.
- This recipe is based more on time and look then, internal temp. Given that the wings have bones, even with this high temp and long cook time, they won't dry out. So place them on the smoker and grill for 45-50 mins, checking about 35 minutes in.
- When you get them to look "crispy" and deep red, take them off the smoker and serve them to hungry family and friends!