Roasted Red Potatoes
A quick, easy, but tasty side dish for anything you put on the smoker!
- Traeger Apple Wood Pellets
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 17" x 11" Cookie Sheet
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 Whole Onion
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 15 Whole Medium Sized, Red Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Rock's Anytime Spice Blend
- Fill your large pot with about 1 gallon of water, and add 2 TBSP of Salt. Then bring to a boil.
- As the water comes to a boil, start by dicing the Red Potatoes into quarters (or for bigger potatoes eights). Place them into the large mixing bowl.
- When the water is boiling, place your diced Red Potatoes into the boiling salt water, and allow them to cook for approximately 5-10 minutes. You want the cooking process to begin, but for the Red Potatoes to still be hard. Don't leave them in so long that they become soft and begin to breakdown.
- While the potatoes are boiling, mince the garlic and chop the onion & thyme. Onions should be decent sized "pedals" as they will shrink when cooking. Place the onion, garlic & thyme into the large mixing bowl.
- Remove your Red Potatoes from the boiling water after they have been blanched, and place them into the large mixing bowl.
- Now drizzle your olive oil on the Red Potatoes, onion, garlic & thyme, tossing everything together in the bowl. If need be, use a large wooden spoon to help incorporated all the ingredients together – but 'fold' them, don't stir.
- For the best results, roast at 450° F while cooking your meat of choice. If you are smoking a meat which requires a different temp, allow for more time to roast.
- When your Traeger is up to temp, place your red potatoes, onion, garlic & thyme mix evenly on an 11" x 17" baking sheet (For easy clean up, place foil on the pan and spray with olive oil cooking spray). With everything spread evenly on your sheet, sprinkle some of Rock's Anytime Seasoning on top.
- Place your sheet on the Traeger, and roast for 30-45 minutes. When the exposed potatoes begin to turn a golden brown color, they are ready to eat!
Roasted Red Potatoes
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
If you like what you see, we’d appreciate a follow on Instagram @Smoked_Q