Traditional Smoked Thanksgiving Turkey
- In a small bowl, combine butter with the minced garlic, thyme leaves, chopped rosemary, black pepper and kosher salt.
- Prepare the turkey by separating the skin from the breast creating a pocket to stuff the butter-herb mixture in.
- Cover the entire breast with 1/4" thickness of butter mixture.
- Season the whole turkey with kosher salt and black pepper. As an option, you can also stuff the turkey cavity with Traditional Stuffing.
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 300°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place turkey on the grill and roast for 3-4 hours. Check the internal temperature, the desired temperature is 175°F in the thigh next to the bone, and 160°F in the breast.
- Turkey will continue to cook once taken off grill to reach a final temperature of 165°F in the breast.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
NOTE: This recipe has been modified slightly from the original recipe found on Traeger’s website.