Game Day Smoked Wings
- 1 Gallon Zip Loc Bag
- Traeger Signature Series Wood Pellets
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Water
- 1 TBSP Rock's Citrus Spice Blend
- 2 Lbs Chicken Wings (fresh wings to cut into flats & drumsticks)
- First we start my adding all wet ingredients and Rock's Citrus Spice Blend into your Zip Loc bag to make our quick marinade.1/4 Cup Olive Oil, 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 TBSP Rock's Citrus Spice Blend, 1 TBSP Water
- Next take your full chicken wings and prep them by cutting into "flats" and "drums"2 Lbs Chicken Wings
- To do this, take a large sharp knife (or clever) and place it in the joint between the drumstick and the flat. Press down firmly, and you will cut directly through the skin, tendons & bone.
- Repeat this same process to remove and discard the wings "tip"
- After cutting up each wing, pat the wings dry to remove any excess moisture from the skin, then place your drumsticks and flats into your marinade.
- With all the wings in the Zip Loc bag, leave some air in the bag but close it up. Then toss the wings around in the bag to incorporate the quick marinade around all the wings.
- After your wings have marinaded for at least 15 minutes, start up your Traeger Timberline 1300 and set your temperature to 375° F.
- When up to temp, place each flat and drumstick directly on the grill grate (or cooling rack for easy transport) and smoke for 35-45 minutes. Feel free to add another dusting of your Rock's Citrus Spice Blend when putting the wings on.1 TBSP Rock's Citrus Spice Blend
- After 35-45 minutes check the progress and if the wings are beginning to turn a golden brown take your Traeger up to 500° F.
- When you reach 500° F, sear each side for another 5 minutes each.
- After searing, your wings should be a deep golden color with a slightly crisp skin. You will also likely see the bones beginning to pull out a bit. Remove the wings from your Traeger and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Lastly – and most importantly – crack open your beverage of choice, flip on your favorite game, and enjoy your wings with family and friends!